COD: Warzone is actually the most renowned Battle Royale game which is available for PC & console. Just compared to other BR, it features the most advanced graphics & mechanisms. Simultaneously it is more prone to various bugs & issues, just compared to the other battle royale game. In this guide we will talk about the most common Call of Duty Warzone download failed error codes. And also, we will cover the reasons, as well as respective workarounds of Warzone download, failed error codes 47, 48, 38, and 6.
We will divide each error code into various sections so that it becomes too simple for you guys to jump on anything specific. Now let’s get into the topic.
- 1 Call Of Duty: Warzone Download Failed Error Code 47
- 2 Call Of Duty: Warzone Download Failed Error Code 48
- 3 Call Of Duty: Warzone Download Failed Error Code 38
- 4 Call Of Duty: Warzone Download Failed Error Code 6
Call Of Duty: Warzone Download Failed Error Code 47
COD Warzone download failed error code 47 is taking place on the consoles. The issue is mainly faced by the PS5 & Xbox series X|S users. The problem started to occur ever since the setup of the Pacific update in the game.
Reasons Behind Error Code 47
There are enormous reasons triggering the error code 47 in COD Warzone. However, among all, the most common ones are the corrupted data files, as reported by users. If any of the Call Of Duty: Warzone data file has been corrupted in the provided consoles, then you guys are most likely to face the mentioned issue.
Fix: Error Code 47
- First of all, you have to disable the given consoles.
- You have to long-press the power button of the consoles until you guys hear the “beep” sound to boot them in “safe mode”.
- Opt to the “Rebuild Database”, allow the process to complete. It will take a few minutes.
- Once completed, boot your console in normal mode, & set up the Call of Duty version.
In case you guys are still facing error code 47, then continue with the workaround.
- Go to move toward the “System storage” option on the console.
- Tao on “Save data” followed by choosing “Warzone”.
- Modify the date of all the stored data of the COD Warzone.
Restart the console, & you guys will see that you are no longer facing error code 47 in the COD version.
Call Of Duty: Warzone Download Failed Error Code 48
Well, Guys! This error code is not even permitting the utilizer’s login into the game. Just similar to the previous error, it has also started to take place since the Pacific update.
Causes of Error Code 48
This occurs just because of a faulty download. The error notification seems every time users are trying to login into the game. Thankfully, it’s quite simple to get rid of the issue. Let’s check out how to solve this error.
Fix: Error Code 48
Examine Available Update
To fix the Warzone download failed error code 48 you have to download the newest update. This fix is handy for both console & Personal Computer users. Head to the settings menu of Call Of Duty Warzone & check in case there is any available update or not. Whether you found it, you have to download it to fix the issue.
Reboot the Device
Rebooting is another effective way where you are able to try to get rid of the mentioned issue. Do a simple reboot on your console or Personal Computer & check if the issue is resolved or not. In case not, then perform the next method.
Reinstall COD Warzone
Try to resolve the Warzone download failed error code 48 is to reinstall the game. However, ensure that this is the last thing which you guys are trying. Well, once redownload, you guys will see that you guys are no longer facing the mentioned issue.
Call Of Duty: Warzone Download Failed Error Code 38
This error appears every time on the screen once the user is trying to set up or join a game.
Once it comes to the suffering devices, Warzone download failed error code 38 occurs on PS4 and Xbox One. Does not matter how annoying it probably seems, its workarounds are quite simple. But before that, let’s check out various reasons causing the issue.
Reasons Behind Error Code 38
According to reports from users, the main reason triggering the issue includes local network problems. It will appear on the screen in case the user has some hardware-related issue.
Now that you guys are aware of all the possible reasons liable for the issue. Let’s check out how to resolve them one by one.
Fix: Error Code 38
Fix 1: Download Available Update
Well, it isn’t a surprise that the game does not download the update spontaneously. Therefore, if you guys play an outdated version of the game, then you are most likely to face the mentioned issue. In order to resolve the issue, you must follow the steps mentioned below.
- First of all, you have to exit the game on your console.
- You have to move towards the game library of the console.
- Find Warzone and tap on the options button.
- In case you guys are using PlayStation, then tap on the “check for update” option.
- If you play an Xbox, then tap on “Manage game” followed by “Downloads”. The Xbox will look for any available updates. Whether found, download it to resolve the issue.
When you are on the newest version of the game, check if the problem is fixed or not.
Also see: How to Fix Outlook Cannot Connect To Server Issue
Reboot Console & Router
Remember that rebooting the console & as well as the router is an effective way in order to resolve the Warzone download failed error code 38. Initially, reboot the console & then check if the issue is fixed or not. If not, then you have to reboot your router & also check for any change in the game.
Call Of Duty: Warzone Download Failed Error Code 6
The issue that users face in COD Warzone is downloading the failed error code 6. This issue takes place with PC users. Numerous PS4 & Xbox users have reported the same issue.
Reasons Behind Error Code 6
There are lots of reasons causing the mentioned error code issue. However, among all, some of them are mentioned below.
- Outdated software update.
- Defective network settings.
- Damaged Warzone files.
Fix: Error Code 6
Some of the workarounds are effective in solving error code 6 in COD Warzone.
Rebooting the router is the very first step you guys should take to resolve the mentioned issue. As it has been reported by users that the issue is mainly caused by unresponsive network equipment. The issue was resolved just with a simple router reboot.
So, do the same, & check if the issue is resolved or not. If not, head towards the next workaround.
Disable Windows Firewall
In order to fix the problem, you guys will have to disable the Windows Firewall. Therefore, for doing this, here are the steps that you guys must follow.
- First of all, go to the run dialogue box on your Personal Computer just by pressing the Windows + R shortcut key.t
- Simply type “control firewall.cpl” on the search bar & then hit enter. After this, the Firewall window will pop up.
- Click on the “Allow an application or feature through Windows Defender Firewall” option available at the left panel of the screen.
- Tap on the “Change Settings”.
- Simply you have to tap on “Allow another app”. Select the Call of Duty Warzone.exe file.
- Tap on OK and close the window.
After doing the above steps you should re-launch the game & check if the problem is solved or not.
Also see: How to Fix Desktop Window Manager High CPU
Fix 3: Try Cellular Data
Using cellular data in place of Wi-Fi fixes the error code 6 for them. You guys can try using your mobile data or Hotspot & check if the issue is fixed or not.
Contact Warzone Support Team
In case none of the above-mentioned options worked for you, then the last thing you guys can try is to contact the Warzone support team, i.e. Activision. We are going to give you the direct link to the contact Activation support team. Ask about your issue, & then you have to wait until the developers reply to your concern.
Leave a Reply